NICU Nursing Interview Questions
Whatever type of interview it is, it’s always scary and stressful as you never know what is in the mind of an interviewer. What questions employer might come up with is the general thought that comes in the mind of a candidate before attending interview. It is important that a candidate undergoes mock interview to avoid fear. NICU is Newborn Intensive Care Unit also known as Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The nurses recruited for this job have to take care of new born babies. Nurses are expected to deal with premature and sick babies. This job requires lots of patience, and care as the infants to be treated are usually less than four weeks. Given below are a few NICU nursing interview questions that are often asked in an interview.
Sample NICU Nurse Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Have you worked as a NICU nurse anywhere else?
- If you have worked why did you leave the job?
- Do you know what are the major responsibilities of an NICU nurse are?
- Do you know how to handle sick babies?
- Why did you choose to become an NICU nurse any particular reason?
- Tell me what do you know about this hospital?
- What are your strong points and weak points?
- Tell me what is an incubator?
- What are the differences between SCN and NICU?
- What is prenatal?
- What do you understand by Aminophylline?
- Apgar score what do you mean by this?
- Tell me what you know about anemia?
- How much salary were you withdrawing earlier?
- · How much salary are you expecting form this job?
- Do you have any specific questions?
Category: Nursing Interview Questions