Seaman interview questions
Seaman interview questions are specially programmed by the experts in order to interview the contenders, who are seeking to acquire the job position of a seaman. By inspecting the overall work experience, educational skills and professional expertise, the HR department can hire the deserving candidate.
Sample Seaman Interview questions:
- Tell us something about you experience. Why have you left your previous job?
- Discuss the job responsibilities of a seaman in brief.
- How do you rate your communication and coordination skills?
- Are you aware about the sea rules and regulations to work on a ship?
- Do you have experience of sewing, mending and repairing canvas? Can you carpenter some broken thing required for an immediate task?
- Are you comfortable in working with alternate schedules? Do you think you have the stamina to work in the night shifts?
- What is the value of sanitation standards on the ship? Discuss the various cleanness standards should be followed while sailing the sea.
- How many types of deck machinery are available? Mention any three usage of each.
- What do you understand from” during watch schedule”?
- Explain the various deck utility jobs of a seaman. How do you clear the passage and keep the heads in tiptop condition?
- How would you overhaul and install the standing or rigging on the ship?
- What do you understand from a lifeboat? What are its utilizations?
- Can you read the sea drafts and compass directions? Do you think you can assist the concerned officer by investing your best?
- What are your salary expectations?
Category: Hospitality Interview Questions